Pass the Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN) - Complete Study Guide & Practice Test
See also, CFRN Study Guide, CCRN Study Guide
• You must be a Registered Nurse with a current unrestricted license.
• Alternatively, a nursing certificate which is equal to a Registered Nurse in the United States or its territories.
• Although not stipulated, a two-year experience in emergency nursing practice is recommended.
• CEN examination is a computer based Exam.
• In order to prevent any confusions or problems that may arise, an orientation to the computerized testing environment will be conducted on site on the day of the examination.
• The CEN entirely multiple choice format
• 3 hour time limit.
• 25 pre-test multiple choice questions which will not be scored.
• 150 multiple choice questions which will be scored on site at the end of the examination.
• Download an application form from https://www.ena.org/bcen/application
• Complete and mail it with the payment to BCEN.
• Once you receive the handbook and an authorization letter, book an examination date within your ninety-day window period.
• Cardiovascular Tasks 14%
• Respiratory Tasks 12%
• Neurological Tasks 10%
• Medical Emergency Tasks 10%
• Orthopedic/Wound Tasks 9%
• Shock/Multi-System Tasks 7%
• Genitourinary, Gynecology, Obstetrical Tasks 7%
• Substance Abuse/Toxicological/Environmental 6%
• Gastrointestinal Tasks 6%
• Patient Care Management Tasks 5%
• Professional Issue Tasks 4%
• Maxillofacial/Ocular Tasks 4%
• Psychological/Social Tasks 4%
Test Preparation and Study Tips
The CEN has 175 questions and a 3 hour time limit.
How to Answer Multiple Choice Ebook - Comprehensive tips and strategies for answering multiple choice questions with practice questions for each strategy. How To Answer Multiple Choice
Multiple Choice Secrets! Comprehensive tips and strategies for any multiple choice exam. Practice questions for each strategy included.. How To Answer Multiple Choice
Tests Anxiety? You aren't the only one! Tips on how to handle test anxiety >>>
Before the Test - What you MUST do before the day before the test - learn more >>>
How to Prepare for a test - Essential test prep tips. Tips on exam preparation >>>
Mental Prep - Mental prep is half the battle! Tips for Mental test Preparation
In the Test Room - Essential steps after "You may begin..." and putting pencil to paper - learn more >>>
Cramming - Cramming isn't the best, but if you have to cram, here are tips on how to cram >>>
Procrastination affecting your score? Tips on how to handle procrastination
Time limits - if you don't manage your time, it can affect your score. Tips for handling time limits.
Memorizing - Tips and help with memorization
Complete Certified Emergency Nurse Study Guide and Practice Test Questions
Complete CEN study guide prepared by a dedicated team of expert researchers.
Includes sample questions, test tips and complete review.
CEN Study Guide & Practice Test
CEN Exam Flash Cards and Practice Test Questions
This is a content test, versus an aptitude test. The best way to study for a content test is to memorize as much material as you can.
Our professional staff, after a careful review of all the material likely to be on this exam, have identified 625 key concepts that you absolutely must know in order to pass this exam.
CEN flash cards & Practice Test
The Test Preparation web site is a service to visitors interested in the CEN and is not affiliated in any way with the BCEN.