The CHSPE reading section has 54 reading questions which includes reading comprehension and vocabulary questions.
- Drawing logical conclusions
- Identify the author’s intent to persuade, inform, entertain, or otherwise
- Make predictions
- Analyze and evaluate the use of text structure to solve problems or identify sequences
- Identify the characteristics of a passage types (narrative, expository, technical, persuasive).
- Give the definition of a word from context
- Find specific information from a different types of communication (memo, posted notice etc.)
English Language Arts
The CHSPE English and Language Usage section has 48 questions.
- English Grammar and Usage
- Meaning in Context (Vocabulary)
- Sentence Structure
- Convert decimals, percent, roman numerals and fractions
- Solve word problems
- Calculate percent and ratio
- Operations using fractions, percent and fractions
- Analyze and interpret tables, graphs and charts
- Data and Statistics
- Geometry and measurement
- Understand and solve simple algebra problems
Good book… Helpful with all my high school studies… I would recommend this study guide to all that are trying to pass there chspe
A thankful Cousin
I just bought the CHSPE Study Guide for my cousin’s child. My cousin told me it was an excellent resource and she was so grateful that I bought it for him. I was told it has very easy to follow strategies! My cousin is going to buy it for some of her friends’ kids as well.