Basic Math Practice
Basic Math Practice practice questions – Percent, Fractions Decimals Exponents, and Simple Algebra.
1. 8 is what percent of 40?
2. 9 is what percent of 36?
3. Three tenths of 90 equals:
4. .4% of 36 equals:
5. The ratio of 8:5 = (?)%
6. 3/5 = (?)% x ?
7. Express 2/5 as a decimal.
8. Express .56 as a percentage.
9. Express 18/6 as a percentage.
10. Express 4/20 as a percentage.
1. C. Finding the percentage of one number and another.
2. D. Finding the percentage of one number and another.
3. C. Determining percent from a whole number.
4. B. Determining the fractional percentage of a number.
5. D. Determining the percentage of a ratio statement.
6. D. Percentage of a fraction and another fraction.
7. C. Converting common fraction to a decimal fraction.
8. A. Converting decimal fraction to a percentage.
9. A. Converting fraction to percent.
10. B. Converting fraction to percent.
Most Common Basic Math Mistakes
- , such as misreading a problem, simple arithmetic mistakes, or other careless errors
- Not showing all of the steps. This makes it difficult for the teacher to understand how you got the answer.
- Not checking your work or not reviewing their test before turning it in. Never leave the test room early!
- Not understanding the problem and solving it with an inappropriate method.
- Not understanding of basic math concepts and operations, such as fractions, decimals, and basic algebra.
- Not paying attention to the units of measure.
- Not understanding basic terminology, such as “factor,” “product,” and “quotient.”
- Not paying attention to the sign of the answer or confusing the sign.
- Not using the correct formula or equation for the problem.
Hey how would you do .4% of 36 equals without a calculator
.4/100 = X/36
so .4 X 36 = 14.4 then divide by 100 which moves the decimal place 2 places to the left 0.144
So without a calculator, the only part you have to worry about is (.4 X 36) which you can do on scrap paper.
Or you could say that 1/10 of 36 = 3.6, therefore 4/10 of 36 = 14.4, as a Percentage is 100th, divide 14.4 by 100 = .144 (Move the decimal point two to the left)
Should be able to do all that in your head.
How do you calculate:
3/5 = (?)% x
Hi – 3/5 = x/100; cross multiply, so, 300 = 5x; divide both sides by 5, so, 60 = x
so 3/5 is 60%.
There is a shorter way since 100 is divisible by 5
3/5 = x/100 – multiply both sides by 5, so 3/1 = 5x/100 = 3 = x/20; multiply both sides by 20, so
60 = x.
Or you can just do that in your head!
You guys are all stupid, I did these questions in five seconds and you are asking what three fifths equal in percentage?
That is so rude of you. we are all leaners here . not that we don’t know it, but want to know more. people still learn no matter how smart they are. please stop.
Thats so true ;). Whatever, its just people these days.
Wow!! I can’t believe you would dare to say such a thing. I usually don’t comment on things like this, but I had to speak up here.
No one is stupid, nor is there a such thing as a stupid question. If you don’t know you ask so you can grow. Those that fail to ask plan to fail. You can’t call people stupid, because they may be at another level than you are. If you were asking such a question, I’m sure you wouldn’t want anyone to judge you and call you out of your name (in which no one can probably pronounce.).
u dont need math for that 3/5 is 60 since 2 times 5 is 10 which is 100% and 3 times 2 is 6 where as the problem is 60percent
how will I do ratio