Taking the RCMP Entrance Test? We can help!
Study tips, RPAT practice questions, online course, study practice APP, test strategy and more!
The RCMP is Hiring!
From the Official Website:
The RCMP is seeking motivated team players who are strong communicators, enjoy working with diverse communities, are physically fit and possess strong leadership abilities. All applicants must reflect the core values of the RCMP. These include integrity, honesty, professionalism, compassion, respect and accountability.
The RCMP offers an exceptional career, letting you make a real difference in local communities and on the national and international stage. No other police force in Canada provides the levels of services and variety offered by the RCMP, as well as opportunities for continued learning and growth. Visit the Official RCMP Website for more information
Read more at the Gazette for more on policing and the RCMP. (official newsletter)
The RCMP entrance exam is a test done by participants who wish to join the police force as an officer. It is a general mental ability test intended to determine an applicant’s prospective ability for police work. It is the initial step in selecting applicants who will be successful both in training and in a future police officer.
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status in Canada. Individuals with permanent resident status must have resided (been physically present) in Canada for 3 (1,095 days) out of the last 5 years as a permanent resident.
- Be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Be proficient in English and/or French.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess a Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent
- Meet the health and psychological standards
- Meet the vision standards
- Meet the hearing standards
- Meet the necessary level of physical abilities
- Be prepared and able to carry a firearm and to use it or any other essential physical force
- Be willing to spend 26 weeks at the RCMP’s training academy (Depot) in Regina, Saskatchewan
- Be ready to relocate anywhere within Canada
- Be willing to work shift work including weekends and holidays
- Be aware of requirements for tattoos, jewelry, and other personal effects
About the RPAT
The RCMP Entrance test has the following sections:
- Observation – This section tests your ability to remember details
- Reading Comprehension
- Composition – This section tests your ability to articulate in writing, complex thoughts in a clear and concise way that is understandable to others. This includes, vocabulary, spelling and English grammar.
- Professional Judgement
- Recognition/Identification – Here you are shown a face and asked to choose the same person from four pictures, where their appearance has been altered.
- Logic – This section tests your ability to analyze situations. Questions include, ordering pieces of information in a logical sequence, reading a map, identifying patterns in data, and solving problems
- Simple Word Problems
If you fail to obtain this score, you will be eligible to re-apply after a waiting period of six (6) months.
RCMP Online Study Practice APP
Complete RPAT Practice Study Course
Complete Study Practice APP (online course) with tutorials, quizzes, timed practice tests and more
TOM – Founder, Civil K9 Youth Services Charity
I’m always looking for avenues to help youth succeed in their future development. These materials will certainly give them some positive options towards popular careers. Thank you ‘Complete Test Preparation’.
Where are the practice questions?