The Vocabulary questions for the Health Occupations Aptitude Examination are a slightly different format to most standardized tests. Instead of “What is the definition of …?” the PSB HOAE questions are give a list of four words and you are asked to select the word that is different. Below are practice test questions in both formats.
PSB format vocabulary – 10 questions
Vocabulary (regular format) – 11 questions
Vocabulary II (regular format) – 10 questions
• Drawing logical conclusions
• Identify the author’s intent to persuade, inform, entertain, or otherwise
• Make predictions
• Analyze and evaluate the use of text structure to solve problems or identify
• Identify the characteristics of a passage types (narrative, expository, technical,
• Follow directions
• Give the definition of a word from context
• Find specific information from a different types of communication (memo,
posted notice etc.)
• Find given information from a table of contents or index
• Find information from a graphic (chart or similar, graphic representation)
• Identify and use scale, legends on a sample map
Reading Comprehension Practice – 20 questions
Reading Comprehension Practice II – 8 questions
How to Answer Reading Comprehension
English Spelling Rules
PSB HOAE Study Practice Course
Practicing for the Health Occupations Aptitude Test? Over 1,000 HOAE PSB practice test questions
- Understand general human anatomy and physiology
- Biological classification
- Parts of a cell and functions
- Mitosis and Meiosis
- Photosynthesis and respiration
- DNA and RNA, including mutations and cell replication
- Basic Heredity (Mendel and Punnett squares)
- Chromosomes, genes and proteins
- Phenotypes and genotypes
- Basic chemical reactions such as oxidation/reduction and acid/base reactions
- Chemical bonds
- Types of energy – Kinetic, potential, mechanical
Basic Science – 7 questions
Anatomy and Physiology – 5 questions
Anatomy and Physiology II – 30 questions
Biology – 10 questions
Scientific Reasoning and Method – 10 questions
Numbers and Operation
- Decimals, fractions and percent
- Calculate percent increase/decrease
- Solve word problems
- Operations with fractions – add, subtract, divide and multiply
- Estimate solutions
- Solve equations with 1 variable
- Interpret data in graph format
- Convert to and from metric
- Calculate length, weight, height and volume
- Use scale on a map to calculate distances
PSB HOAE Study Practice Course
Practicing for the Health Occupations Aptitude Test? Over 1,000 HOAE PSB Practice Test Questions
I personally did not find this site helpful. The content is very unorganized. The PSB HOAE is honestly overrated considering they take your marks from high school and compare them with this test.
Thanks for the feedback – we do get compliments saying the site IS well organized – If you have any suggestions on how to organize the site I would be happy to consider.
I don’t understand how this isn’t organized? It seems easy to navigate to me! I just wanted to get a feel of what kind of questions may be on the test, and you answered my questions on this page thoroughly!
Thank you Brian!
One of the best practice test questions you ant to study from!! I have been looking or good site but didn’t find anything better than this. I highly recommend it and it is very organized!! Thnk you so much for the great help!!!!!!!
this site is very helpful but it would be amazing if you guys just made it into word documents or pdf’s so users can print it for extra practice. I tried copy pasting the questions but it messed up the format and was very frustrating.
Thanks for the suggest – I will consider
This is an fabulous resource! Thank you!
Hello – PSB HOAE practice questions are here – https://test-preparation.ca/psb/psb_practice/
I found this practice exam a bit frustrating… not very helpful as this exam determines if I will get into my program and I feel far from prepared.
These are the FREE PSB HOAE questions so there are only a selection – we also offer a complete study guide with 100’s of practice questions tutorials, and all that – https://courses.test-preparation.ca/course/hoae/
I already have a TEAS study guide book. I’m contemplating on purchasing the practice questions, but not sure if it’s any better than what I already have.
There is quite a bit of overlap between the two tests so probably not a lot of extra practice. Also the study guide and the practice questions are not meant to be purchased together – they are separate products and again a lot of overap